Xbox LIVE Marketplace Update for 8/1/12
Not too much is going on in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace this week, but what is there isn’t too shabby. In particular, the free demo of the upcoming Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is now available.
I haven’t seen the demo for myself yet (and might not for another week, since it’s probably exclusive to Gold members at the moment), but this one has been shaping up to be a lot of fun with Dinobots, the Combiner known as Bruticus, and of course, calling upon the mighty Metroplex to lay waste to your foes. Here’s hoping the demo allows you to experience at least one of those, rather than being one of the multiplayer-only affairs that publishers seem to like releasing.
Or, if you’re looking for a full-game experience, there is Deadlight for 1,200 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Arcade. Described as a “Cinematic Survival Platformer,” you’ll run, jump, and climb through the post-apocalyptic remains of 1980s Seattle in order to find those you love.
Until August 6th, Square Enix has the following sales for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Tomb Raider Underworld:
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – A Hazardous Reunion 200 MS Points (50% off)
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – All the Trappings 200 MS Points (50% off)
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – Raziel & Kain Character Pack 200 MS Points (50% off)
- Tomb Raider Underworld – Beneath the Ashes 400 MS Points (50% off)
- Tomb Raider Underworld – Lara’s Shadow 400 MS Points (50% off)
In Games on Demand, two new releases include Ignition Entertainment’s El Shaddai and Disney Universe by Disney Interactive.
And finally, if you’d like to dress your Avatar up with some new tattoos, then Konami has you covered.
Source: Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson