PlayStation Bringing Varsity Challenge Campus Tour to Ontario
Sony has good news and bad news for Canadian PlayStation gamers: The good news is that they are bringing the Varsity Challenge tour to Canada; the bad news is that it’s only going to be in Ontario.
Following are the dates and locations where you’ll find the tour as they go through the province:
- October 16th-17th York University: Student Centre
- October 30th-31st Queen’s University: John Deutsch Student Centre
- November 6th-7th University of Ottawa: The Agora
- November 13th-14th University of Western Ontario: UCC
- November 19th-20th University of Guelph: Centre Courtyard
- November 22nd-23rd University of Waterloo: Student Life Centre-Great Hall
- November 26th-27th McMaster University: Market Place
- December 3rd-4th University of Toronto: Location TBC
The first day of each stop will be for the qualifying rounds, whereas the second day will be the elimination bouts.
The games featured in this event are NHL 13 (available in stores now), LittleBigPlanet Karting (available in stores November 6th), and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale (available in stores November 20th). Make it to the finals to represent your school in Spring of 2013, and you can win $10,000 in cash and prizes– that is, $5,000 cash and $5,000 Virgin Gaming Dollars. Prior to that, three winners will be awarded $100 in Virgin Gaming Dollars at each campus.
In addition, there will be giveaways on-site of NOS energy drinks and EBGames vouchers to “cover your training material.”
On the PlayStation.Blog, they note to “Students outside Ontario – we’re sad we can’t visit you this year, but we’re looking forward to expanding our tour next year. Tell us where you are, and we’ll do our best to bring you the chance to compete.” Click here to leave a comment for them with your thoughts on the Ontario-only inclusion.
You can also find out more details at the PlayStation Canada Varsity Challenge Facebook App, including a reminder of when your school is coming up.