WWE 2K15 Blowout
Making Of, DLC, Season Pass, and a Soundtrack Curated by Cena
Quite a bit has happened since the last time we talked about WWE 2K15.
First up is the announcement of WWE 2K15‘s Downloadable Content program: “The content offering will include three new storylines playable in 2K Showcase, the game’s story-driven, single-player campaign, as well as access to new moves and a wealth of playable WWE, WCW, and NXT Superstars. In addition, WWE Diva Paige will be available as an exclusive playable character for those who purchase the game’s Season Pass.” The individual content packages will start being released in 2014 with others coming in 2015.
“Having grown up playing WWE games, it’s an honor to be included in WWE 2K15,” said Paige. “Fans will not want to miss out on my debut, as well as the new stories featured through 2K Showcase.”
So, what’s on offer? Glad you asked:
The WWE 2K15 downloadable content program is scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation®Network for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 systems, as well as Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft for Xbox One and Xbox 360:
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
- The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
2K Showcase: One More Match
- Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
- Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
- 2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain
- Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
- Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
- 2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior
- Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
- Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
- Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
- Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
- Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
- Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
- 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
- Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
- The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
- Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
- Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
- NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.
New Moves Pack
- Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
- The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
As for the Season Pass…
Players may purchase select WWE 2K15 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass program. For a one-time suggested purchase price of $24.99, a savings of more than 20 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items as they become available:
- Access to exclusive playable WWE Diva Paige;
- Accelerator (access to all unlockable content available in the game);
- Access to all three 2K Showcase stories (One More Match, Hall of Pain and Path of the Warrior).
In other WWE 2K15 news, 2K has announced that none other than John Cena has personally curated the soundtrack for the game, with the “companion soundtrack” available for pre-order on iTunes before its release at all digital retailers on Tuesday, October 21st. “Personally curated by cover Superstar and music enthusiast, John Cena, the soundtrack will feature 12 unique tracks from established and rising artists that transcend several music genres, including hip-hop, rock and country.”
“The WWE 2K15 companion soundtrack album also features two exclusive bonus tracks – “All Day” and “Breaks” – from Cena in collaboration with hip-hop magnate Wiz Khalifa,” and all pre-orders of the companion soundtrack album receive an instant download of both songs.
“As the WWE 2K15 cover Superstar, curating the in-game soundtrack and working with Wiz Khalifa were great opportunities to further the musical brand as we do across all WWE programming,” said John Cena. “Reaching across many genres of music to some of my friends and those who have worked with WWE, I truly believe that gamers will become avid listeners of these songs.”
“I have been a WWE fan since I was a kid, and getting to work with John Cena was an awesome experience,” said Wiz Khalifa. “I’m proud of this collaboration.”
The companion soundtrack contains the following tracks:
- Wiz Khalifa & John Cena – “All Day”**
- B.o.B – “Ready” (Feat. Future)
- Rudimental – “Free” (Feat. Emeli Sandé & Nas)
- Wiz Khalifa – “We Dem Boyz”
- Flo Rida – “Wild Ones” (Feat. Sia) [WrestleMania 28 Version]
- Knife Party – “Bonfire”
- Big Smo – “Workin’” (Feat. Alexander King)
- Mystery Skulls – “Ghost”
- Royal Blood – “Come On Over”
- Wiz Khalifa & John Cena – “Breaks”**** Companion soundtrack exclusive
Additionally, the WWE 2K15 in-game soundtrack includes:
- Avenged Sevenfold – “This Means War”
- Dizzee Rascal – “Heart Of A Warrior” (Feat. Teddy Sky)
- Florida Georgia Line – “This Is How We Roll” (Feat. Luke Bryan)
- Rise Against – “Zero Visibility”
Finally, 2K has released the second episode of “The Making of WWE 2K15,” (I guess I missed the announcement of the first part) which– as the name implies– goes behind the scenes of the game’s development. “The second installment in the series, titled “The Game Has Changed,” features WWE Superstar Cesaro, along with NXT Superstars Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn, performing their signature moves in the motion capture ring. Complementing their efforts, Executive Producer Mark Little, Art Director Lynell Jinks and Senior Designer Bryan Williams discuss their vision for key gameplay changes, including controls, match pacing and camera positions.”
You can check both parts out here:
The ESRB has rated WWE 2K15 T for Teen, and the game is scheduled to be released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 28th, 2014 in North America and October 31st, 2014 internationally. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are currently scheduled for release on November 18th, 2014 in North America and November 21st, 2014 internationally. Fans who pre-order WWE 2K15 at any participating retailer will receive two playable Sting characters (classic and Crow) for free when the game launches.