Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will soon be released on May 19th, and Nintendo of Canada has outlined their downloadable content strategy for the game. Beginning the same day the game launches, there will be five individually-priced DLC Packs containing 22 pieces of content, such as characters, maps, items, and dungeons. Alternatively, you can opt in to the Season Pass and get it all at one reduced price.
A press release from Nintendo of Canada breaks the content down like so:
· DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $11.29, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
· DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $14.09, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging news maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
· DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $21.19, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
· DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $18.39, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
· DLC Pack #5 ($8.49, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.
While you can purchase each pack — or even just the contents of each pack — individually, the best value appears to be the Season Pass that will be available alongside the game on the May 19th launch for $63.59, a savings of more than 30 percent versus buying them piecemeal.
In addition to all of this, there will also be free downloadable content available for a limited time after the game’s launch, the first of which is a free gift from the goddess Mila that you can obtain by playing the game.
Just in case you missed it, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia launches for the Nintendo 3DS on May 19th, and there will even be a special limited edition bundle available on that day for $79.99. There will also be an amiibo two-pack featuring Alm and Celica available that day for $29.99.
David Oxford is a freelance writer of many varied interests. If you’re interested in hiring him, please drop him a line at david.oxford (at) nyteworks.net.