Warner Bros. Announces New Releases of Best-Sellers
First up is Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition, which will come to the Xbox One, Windows 10 PC, Steam, and PlayStation 4 on August 28th, 2018. If you missed out on its initial release last year, this version will contain all of the downloadable content, improvements, and other free updates that have come in the time since, including the removal of the controversial loot box system.
“Since Middle-earth: Shadow of War launched, we’ve continually looked at all of the feedback from our fantastic community and our fans, which has inspired us to keep improving the game and ultimately create a version that we are truly proud of,” said Monolith Productions’ Vice President of Creative, Michael de Plater, in a press release. “Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition brings together all of our free content updates and gameplay improvements, along with our Story and Nemesis Expansions, providing the very best experience for players. Whether you’re diving in for the first time or making your return to Middle-earth, there’s never been a better time to walk into Mordor.”
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition will feature the main game, along with the full Expansion Pass, including additional story campaigns, missions, playable characters, Orc tribes, weapons, abilities, enemies, a new region and much more.
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Main Game
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
- Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
Additionally, Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition will bring together a multitude of different enhancements and free content updates, from a richer campaign experience and streamlined post-game Epilogue to new player skins and the complete removal of the market, in addition to hundreds of other improvements since the release of Middle-earth: Shadow of War. A snapshot of the updates available for players includes:
- Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviors for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures.
- Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition will be available August 28th, 2018 for $79.99 CAD. Note that only the main game will be on the disc if you purchase a physical version, with the remaining content requiring an online connection to download. For more information about the game, be sure to visit the official website.
In addition, fans of the Scribblenauts series can look forward to a new two-in-one release of Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure as the Scribblenauts Mega Pack for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Not only will this include both classic Scribblenauts titles, but bonus content for both games as well.
Scribblenauts Unlimited fosters unlimited creativity, exploration and social elements that create a fun experience for fans of all ages. The game features a huge side-scrolling open world with high-definition, hand-drawn scenery and objects where players can help the game’s hero, Maxwell, solve robust puzzles and challenges by summoning any object they can imagine. Scribblenauts Unlimited has been updated with two new bonus levels, supports online sharing of user-created objects, updates two-player mode, and features a new easy-to-use “sunflower” style text entry system. The new Zed Zeppelin level lets players battle sky pirates and work with crew members to keep the dirigible safe while the new Land of Sweet Hyperbole level allows players to drive around in a candy car and interact with candy neighbors.
Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure melds the boundless creativity of Scribblenauts with thousands of DC characters and objects – all drawn in the distinctive Scribblenauts art style. In the game, Maxwell comes to the aid of the mightiest DC Super Heroes BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™ and the rest of the JUSTICE LEAGUE™ as they face the fiercest DC Super-Villains, such as THE JOKER™, LEX LUTHOR™ and SINESTRO™. Fueled by the player’s imagination, where anything they write comes to life, Maxwell must use his magic notebook to summon heroes and tools to stop the villains’ evil schemes and save the universe. In his imaginative and comical quest, he must travel to iconic DC locations such as GOTHAM CITY™, METROPOLIS™, ATLANTIS™ and two new bonus locations, TITANS TOWER, under attack by the formidable demon Trigon, and BELLE REVE, the base of operations for the Task Force X. Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventure has also been updated with hundreds of new DC characters, objects and costumes.
The Scribblenauts Mega Pack will arrive on September 18th, 2018 at a price of $49.99 CAD. To learn more about this release, as well as Scribblenauts Showdown, be sure to visit the official website.
Recently, Nintendo of Canada held their Holiday 2012 preview event to allow members of the press to become a little more familiar with the variety of product offerings which Nintendo and their third-parties will be offering this holiday season for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
While I did spend a little time with the latter, most of my focus was on the upcoming Wii U. That said, I can say that Crashmo is looking like a great sequel to the already-stellar Pushmo, and Fluidity: Spin Cycle is looking like a great follow-up to the original WiiWare title.